Friday, May 13, 2011

Chuck Keen Documentary


Happy to be here

A motorcycle accident last Saturday has put me off my work all week. My bike is totaled, my body is sore, and I'm three stories behind.

So, to tide you over, please take a moment to enjoy the story of one of Alaska's former pioneering filmmakers -- Chuck Keen.

Chuck Keen Fast Facts

Died in 2003 at the age of 65.

First came to Alaska to work in the timber industry, and later began to work as a screenwriter, producer, and cinematographer of films in Alaska.

Feature film credits include Claws, Challenge To Be Free, and Timber Tramps starring Claude Akins.

Now, sit back and enjoy this entertaining short documentary, which was created by the JUMP Society crew for the International Documentary Challenge.

3 comments:

Rhonda B. said...

Great Chuck Keen documentary. Fun to watch since I grew up in Juneau and have met the man. Thanks for including it in your blog.

Matt Shields said...

Cool you met him. I kept hearing stories about the guy, the doc put a face to the name!

Pat said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear about the bike accident, hope you're healing up!

The film was created over a five day period for the International Documentary Challenge and it was amazing how cooperative the family and friends all were, we ended up with an abundance of interviews and footage.